Getting Started

If you wish to marry in the United States and take up indefinite residence after marriage, you will require a fiancé(e) visa.  A petition, Form I-129F, may be filed on your behalf if:

– your fiancé(e) is a U.S. Citizen;

– both of you are legally free to marry; and

– you will marry within 90 days of entering the United States on the fiancé(e) visa.

Please note: if you do not intend taking up indefinite residence in the United States but will continue to live and work abroad after the marriage ceremony, you should apply for a B-2 visa, or if eligible, travel visa free under the Visa Waiver Program.