International Parental Child Abduction

Abduction of a Child

If your child is abducted by the other parent, please contact the U.S. Embassy. While the Embassy cannot force the return of a child, we can check on the welfare of American citizen children in Zambia and provide resources.  Additionally, you should contact the U.S. Department of State Office of Children’s Issues at 1-800-407-4747 or, from overseas, 202-501-4444.