SUSI Student Leaders on Women’s Leadership Program
The SUSI Student Leader on Women’s Leadership Program is an intensive short term academic program which provides groups of undergraduate student leaders with a deeper understanding of the United States, while simultaneously enhancing their leadership skills. The five-week Institute program consists of a balanced series of seminar discussions, readings, group presentations, and lectures. Coursework and classroom activities are complemented by educational travel, site visits, leadership activities, and volunteer opportunities within the local community. The Institute also includes an academic residency component of approximately four weeks and a domestic study tour of approximately one week. During the academic residency, participants have the opportunity to engage in educational and cultural activities outside of the classroom.
Candidate Description and Qualifications:
- Female undergraduate students between the ages of 18-25
- Should be interested in the topic of Women’s Leadership
- Have at least one semester left of their undergraduate studies, and therefore committed to return to their home universities following completion of the program
- Highly motivated and demonstrate strong leadership qualities and potential in their university and community
- Speak English fluently (participants will be expected to handle substantial reading assignments in English and to be full and active participants in all seminar and panel discussions)
- Indicate a serious interest in learning about the United States
- Mature, responsible, independent, confident, open-minded, tolerant, thoughtful and inquisitive
- Willing and able to fully participate in an intensive academic program, community service, and educational travel
- Comfortable with campus life, prepared to share living accommodations, and able to make adjustments to cultural and social practices different from those of their home country.
This program opens for applications in November.
For further questions call +260 211 357000 or email LusakaExchanges@state.gov