SUSI Secondary School Educators Program
The Study of the United States Institute (SUSI) Secondary School Educators Program aims to strengthen curricula and to improve the quality of teaching about the United States in secondary schools and other academic institutions. The program will take place over the course of five weeks.
Candidate Description and Qualifications:
- Mid-career, typically between the ages of 30-50, highly-motivated and experienced secondary school teachers or administrators.
- Speak English fluently (participants will be expected to handle substantial reading assignments in English and to be full and active participants in all seminar and panel discussions).
- Secondary teacher, teacher trainer, curriculum developer, textbook writer, ministry of education official, or other related professional with responsibility for secondary education who is seeking to introduce or enhance aspects of U.S. studies into his/her curricula.
- Experienced professional with little or no prior experience in the United States, whose home institution is seeking to introduce aspects of U.S. studies into its curricula, to develop new courses in the subject of the institute, to enhance and update existing courses on the United States, or to offer specialized seminars/workshops for education professionals in U.S. studies.
- Willing and able to fully take part in an intensive post-graduate level academic program and study tour.
This program opens for applications in November.
For further questions call +260 211 357000 or email LusakaExchanges@state.gov