SUSI Scholars Program
The Study of the United States Institute (SUSI) Scholars program is an intensive post-graduate level academic program with integrated study tours whose purpose is to provide foreign university faculty and other scholars the opportunity to deepen their understanding of American society, culture, and institutions. The six weeks program aims at strengthening curricula and improving the quality of teaching about the United States in academic institutions abroad.
Candidate Description and Qualifications:
- Mid-career, typically between the ages of 30-50, highly-motivated and experienced professionals from institutions of higher education.
- Must have a graduate degree and have substantial knowledge of the thematic area of the Institute.
- Experienced professional with little or no prior experience in the United States, whose home institution is seeking to introduce aspects of U.S. studies into its curricula, to develop new courses in the subject of the institute, to enhance and update existing courses on the United States, or to offer specialized seminars/workshops for professionals in U.S. studies areas related to the program theme.
- Should be willing and able to fully take part in an intensive post-graduate level academic program and study tour.
- Should demonstrate English language fluency (participants will be expected to handle substantial reading assignments in English and to be full and active participants in all seminar and panel discussions).
- Have firm plans to enhance, update or develop courses and/or educational materials with a U.S. studies focus or component.
- Have special interest in the program subject areas as demonstrated through past scholarship, accomplishments, and professional duties.
This program opens for applications in November.
For further questions call +260 211 357000 or email LusakaExchanges@state.gov