U.S. Embassy Zambia
Internship and Trainee Program with Alliance Abroad
Application Deadline: Wednesday, July 12, 2023
Thank you for your interest in the Intern and Trainee programs! The J1 Internship and Trainee programs are designed to allow recent graduates and professionals to come to the United States and gain exposure to U.S. culture and to receive hands-on experience in U.S. hospitality and tourism sectors. Hospitality and Culinary university students, recent graduates, and young professionals can travel to the United States and gain paid work experience with prominent hotel chains and tourism corporations for placements of up to 12 months.
- Program Fields: Hospitality and Tourism, placements in the United States can include hotel chains, ski resorts, restaurants, amusement parks, national parks, and others
- $400 program Enrollment Deposit due after interview and approval
- $2,800 for 12-month program (a Deferred Payment Plan (DPP) offered by Alliance Abroad allows the participant to pay $240/month for 10 months)
Fees cover placement, orientation, DS-2019, medical insurance cover, program guidance, and emergency support 24/7. In addition, participants must pay for their own round-trip travel and their first month of housing before they receive their first paycheck.
Requirements for Participation:
- At least 18 years of age and above
- Be enrolled full-time and pursuing studies in the hospitality or culinary field at a degree, diploma, or certificate-granting post-secondary academic institution outside the United States; or
- Have graduated from such an institution no more than 12 months prior to their exchange visitor program start date.
Trainees: At least 18 years of age and above
- Has a degree, diploma, or professional certificate from a foreign post-secondary academic institution and at least one year of prior related work experience in his or her occupational field outside the United States; or
- Has five years of work experience outside the United States in the occupational field in which they are seeking training.
You can read more about the program, including qualifications required, on Alliance Abroad’s website: https://allianceabroad.com/programs/united-states/united-states-hospitality-intern-trainee/. You can also find additional information on the one-pager flyer.
All eligible and interested applicants must apply at https://forms.gle/q7hzKSPYPxAPwV576.
DEADLINE for applications is Wednesday, July 12. If accepted to this program, expected departure would be between October and December 2023.