An official website of the United States government

Green Card – Lost or stolen
January 1, 2022

If you are a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) who has been in Zambia for less than one year and your Green Card is lost, stolen, or has expired, you will need to apply for a boarding foil to return to the U.S.

To apply for a boarding foil at the U.S. Embassy, please email ConsularLusaka@state.gov to schedule an appointment.  You may find form I-131A, instructions for the form, and information on how to pay the filing fee at the following link:  https://www.uscis.gov/i-131a.