The Fulbright Foreign Student Program brings Zambian students United States for Master’s degree or Ph.D. studies at various U.S. universities. The program has brought some of the world’s finest minds to U.S. campuses and offers participants’ insight into U.S. society and values. Over 1,800 new Foreign Fulbright Fellows enter U.S. academic programs each year. The two year program is designed to strengthen African universities, public and private institutions and entrepreneurs by providing grantees with a U.S. higher education degree.
- Agricultural Development/Agricultural Economics
- Economic development
- Education, including educational planning, administration, curriculum development
- Law and human rights
- Natural Resources and Environmental Management
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
Minimum Eligibility Criteria
- Undergraduate Degree
- Five years professional experience (university staff development fellows are encouraged to apply)
- Excellent English language skills
- Outstanding academic records, references, and preparation in chosen fields
- Satisfactory TOEFL and GRE or GMAT test scores as a part of the final selection process by the Fulbright Scholarship Board in the U.S.
- Preference will be given to those applicants who have not had extensive recent experience in the United States
- Applicants should have high motivation and a serious commitment to completing the program and returning home to serve in their field of study
This program opens for applications in February through April.
For further questions call +260 211 357000 or email LusakaExchanges@state.gov