Application period: February 9 – March 9, 2016
Calling all #USZamExchanges alumni and current U.S. exchange participants! This is an opportunity for alumni and current participants of a U.S. government-sponsored exchange program. The Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund (AEIF) is accepting proposals starting February 9; submit your alumni teams’ proposal at https://alumni.state.gov/aeif. Your team can receive up to US $25,000 to implement a public service project. The deadline is March 9, 2016.
Who are U.S. alumni? Participants of U.S. government-sponsored exchange programs. The exchange program could have been to the United States or anywhere else (i.e. Southern Africa, Europe).
AEIF was created in 2011 to support alumni initiatives that promote shared values and innovative solutions to global challenges. AEID offers small grants to carry out public service projects that utilize skills and knowledge they have gained through their exchange experiences. To participate, alumni must be members of the International Exchange Alumni (IEA) global online community and form teams of at least four IEA community members. Proposed projects must embody one of the six project categories:
- Empowering Women and Girls
- Human Rights and Social Inclusion of Vulnerable Populations
- Entrepreneurship and Youth Employment
- Access to Education
- Climate Change and Environmental Protection
- Civic Participation
FY2016 Important Dates:
- February 9: AEIF launches – alumni may begin to submit proposals and budgets
- March 9: Proposal and budget submission deadline at noon EST (19:00 in Zambia)
- March 11 – 31: U.S. Embassy committee reviews submissions
- Late April: Winners announced
New This Year:
In 2016 AEIF there will be just one phase. That means alumni must form teams of at least four and submit not only a completed proposal, but also a completed budget form.