Application Deadline: Wednesday, January 22, 2014
The U.S. Embassy seeks qualified Zambian nationals to apply for the Study of the United States Institutes (SUSI) for Secondary School Educators program. The SUSI Secondary School Educators program aims to strengthen curricula and to improve the quality of teaching about the United States in secondary schools and other academic institutions. The program will take place over the course of five weeks beginning in June 2014.
CANDIDATE DESCRIPTION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Mid-career, typically between the ages of 25-50, highly-motivated and experienced secondary school educators.
- Speak English fluently (participants will be expected to handle substantial reading assignments in English and to be full and active participants in all seminar and panel discussions).
- Secondary teacher, teacher trainer, curriculum developer, textbook writer, ministry of education official, or other related professional with responsibility for secondary education who is seeking to introduce or enhance aspects of U.S. studies into his/her curricula.
- Experienced professional with little or no prior experience in the United States, whose home institution is seeking to introduce aspects of U.S. studies into its curricula, to develop new courses in the subject of the institute, to enhance and update existing courses on the United States, or to offer specialized seminars/workshops for education professionals in U.S. studies.
- Willing and able to fully take part in an intensive post-graduate level academic program and study tour.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Provide a short personal statement (one page) indicating why you are interested in participating in the program and what you expect to get out of the experience.
- Attach CV with the following information:
A. Title of Institute (Teacher/Administrator): SUSI Secondary Educator
B. Full names (should match the ones in your passport and should be presented in the following order: Prefix (Dr., Mr., Mrs., Ms., Miss), Last Name(s), First Name, Middle Name)
D. Date of Birth (please spell out Month, Day, Year)
E. Birth City
F. Birth Country
G. Country of Citizenship: Primary and, if applicable, secondary country
H. Country of Residence
I. Medical, Physical, Dietary or other Personal Considerations
J. Contact Information: Home Address, City, Home State/Province, Home Country, E-mail, and Telephone
K. Current Position/Title, Institutional Name, and Country
L. Work Experience, including previous positions and titles
M. Education, and Academic and Professional Training, including degree earned and fields of specialization. Degrees listed should reflect the closest U.S. equivalent
N. Active Professional Memberships
O. Publications: Publications should include the publication year, type of publication, title, and publisher
P. Previous Experience in the United States: Please list all trips made to the United States and include approximate dates and the reason for travel.
Q. Family Residing in the United States: Please list any immediate family members who currently are residing in the United States, including city and state.
R. Evidence of English Fluency (e.g. personal interview, test score, etc.)
Application deadline: Wednesday, January 22, 2014
For information and to submit nomination documents please contact Cultural Affairs Assistant Austin Ngoma at 0211-357407 and via email email@example.com.